- Insomnia: A difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. It can be caused by a variety of factors, such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Sleep Apnea: A disorder in which a person's breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep. It can lead to daytime fatigue and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Restless leg syndrome: A condition characterized by an overwhelming urge to move the legs. It can make it difficult to fall or stay asleep.
- Narcolepsy: A neurological disorder characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness, cataplexy, sleep paralysis, and hypnogogic hallucinations.
- Circadian rhythm disorders: These disorders disrupt the body's natural sleep-wake cycle, making it difficult to fall asleep or stay awake at the appropriate times.
The American sleep disorder epidemic is getting worse!
What are sleep disorders?
Sleep disorders are a group of conditions that affect your ability to get a good night's sleep. They can cause several negative effects on your physical and mental health and can lead to chronic health problems.
Studies estimate that over 70 million Americans suffer from some kind of sleep disorder, with over 60% of those having a chronic sleep disorder.
Sleep disorders are a common problem in the United States and can have a significant impact on a person's overall health and well-being.
Here 5 of the most common sleep disorders include:
These disorders can lead to a number of negative effects on your physical and mental health, including fatigue, cognitive impairment, mood changes, and an increased risk of certain health problems.
If you suspect that you have a sleep disorder, it’s important that you see a healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
There are many effective treatments available to help you manage sleep disorders. These can include lifestyle changes, medications, and other therapies such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I).
Keep in mind to always maintain good sleep habits, such as sticking to a regular sleep schedule, avoiding caffeine and heavy meals before bedtime, and creating a comfortable sleep environment.
Shop with Dusker
Turn your pillow into a Calming Sleep Earphone
Say goodbye to tangled headphones, lost earbuds and bedtime stress.
Block out your senses. Let in the sounds you love.
A comfy, 100% blackout eyemask with built in earphones.